X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C++ Compilers and usefull repositiries

Good evening,

Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent c++ compiler which i can use with my Intrepid 8.1 ?

and,

I know that us noobies tend to ask the same questions over and over again, however, where can i go and look for useful repositories for Intrepid 8.1?

Thanks

Re: C++ Compilers and usefull repositiries

As to your last question, the 'default' repositories that are enabled/can be enabled in Intrepid, those already provide you with multi-thousands of applications/programs from which to choose from. You can enable those that are not enabled (by default) through Adept Manager. The medibuntu repository is not provided by *buntu for ideological reasons (this repository allows you access to non-free (non-open source) applications). That repository can be added by following my HOWTO: Add the Medibuntu Repository and GPG Key

The current version of Adept Manager sucks. I have, and I suggest you do as well, install the Synaptic Package Manger (synaptic) either through Adept Manager or from the CLI:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install synaptic
    There are several C++ compilers in the repositories. Search on C++ and you can read the descriptions.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: C++ Compilers and usefull repositiries

Thanks!!

(I am currently using synaptics...a throw back to when i was using8.04 & kde 3.5. )

Comment

Working...
      X