This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP TC4200 Kubuntu 8.10, questions from a noob

I have an HP TC4200 and I have installed kubuntu on it and it seems to be working fine, but some of my features arent working and I am wondering if there are solutions..
    Will the tablet features work? so far I havent figured out how to use them..
    I cant see my wireless network in the network browser.. I see some of my neighbors networks, but not my own.. also the lil blue light that normally comes on when the wireless is active is not illuminated..
    is there a way to update automatically? are there more apps I need to install to make these things work right?
    otherwise everything seems great, as far as I can tell in the hour Ive played with it, I am sure Ill come up with more questions but these two things are my biggest ones..
    the computer will connect via ethernet cable.. just wont see my wireless...

Re: HP TC4200 Kubuntu 8.10, questions from a noob

Update- wireless now works, albeit without the lil blue lite on.. but still unsure what I have to do to enable the tablet functionality... any ideas?

Comment

Re: HP TC4200 Kubuntu 8.10, questions from a noob

OK... I huffed the install trying to follow some directions on adding lines to make it work... freeware/opensource is great but not very "user friendly"... and although I see many examples of people getting their tablets to function I am not sure I can pull it off.. maybe I'll see if another distribution works better for this application...

Comment

Working...
      X