Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installing New Plasmoids from the Internet (SOLVED)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing New Plasmoids from the Internet (SOLVED)

Hi, when I go to the add new widgets window then install new plasmoids from the Internet, it gets a list of these plasmoids from kde-look.org. This isn't the problem, it's just that every time I do this process to look for new plasmoids it always comes up with a different list of either 4, or 5, or 20. It never has all of the plasmoids the site has to over, and never has the plasmoids as the last time. I finally went to the website and found what I was looking for, a weather plasmoid, but I failed to understand hwo to install it from there. I'd really rather have the plasmoid manager do it anyways, I just don't know how to get it to show me all the plasmoids the site has to offer.

Thanks,
    Justin

Re: Installing New Plasmoids from the Internet (Kubunut 8.1)

You get a listing of more than four? I only see four (and always the same four) when I try. I posted this on my observation.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yeah it's weird, like i said the numbers vary from maybe 15 to 3 and they never seem to be the same. I just want this weather plasmoid I found on the site. I saw your post, thanks for the link. It's unfortunate it's not fixed yet.

-Justin

Comment

Which weather plasmoid did you download?
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Weather Plasmoid 0.4 is the title

-Justin

Comment

While waiting for more Plasmoids to appear I have just used Google Gadgets instead. Clocks, Weather, News, Games etc... Get it here: http://www.getdeb.net/app/Google+Gadgets
            "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
            "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thanks for the option. Do I have to use gnome? all I have is KDE.

Comment

Google Gadgets will work on Kubuntu. Gadgets will go on your desktop.
                "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
                "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

You may find this http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...2513#msg152513 helpful.
                  Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

The weather gadget guy helped me install it, the package was fine for intrepid i'm just not familiar with installing using the konsole.

Thanks,
                    Justin

Comment

Working...
                    X