X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu will not pick up network

Hi im new to Kubuntu and im having an issue getting the internet connected

I currently reside in university halls, and before we can use the internet in our rooms we have to log into the universities network, in Windows the OS picked up the network and provided me with the login interface.

Useing kubuntu and konquer it will not.
    can anyone please help me on setting my connection up

thanks

John

Re: Kubuntu will not pick up network

The best thing for you to do is to find the person in the University who runs the system and explain that you want to connect with Linux.

I'm only guessing but I think it might be pppoe and pppoeconf you need.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

To set up wireless on your laptop, refer to #8 here. Once you are able to see the network, then you can work with your university IT person to figure out what the login requirements are, if your system doesn't put up a login for you.

Comment

sorry i should have said

my tower is the one running Kubuntu, so its a wired connection into a socket on the wall.

Comment

Print this post and take it to your University IT department. They can tell you what IPs to use so you can edit the file accordingly.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X