This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commercial DVD onto Sansa View

I am running Hardy on an MPC T2200. Just recently I received a Sansa View. I would like to transfer a production DVD (that I own) onto my shiny new media player. How am I to change the DVD into something useful to the View?

I have NEVER ripped a DVD before, nor have I copied any of the DVDs that I own (other than Kubuntu for friends). I do know I need to accomplish a couple of steps before the file will be 'right' for the View - something about copy protection and conversion. The video file types supported by the View are MPEG4, WMV (do I really have to?), and H.264.

Ultimately a step by step would be ludicrously helpful. Thanks in advance,

'Goon

Re: Commercial DVD onto Sansa View

Have a look at http://linuxappfinder.com/blog/rippi...g4_with_k9copy
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Giving it a whack...I'll let you know.

'Goon

Comment

So I got K9Copy and tried it; maybe I'm doing something wrong. I tried to rip my copy of "300" and it seems to hang about halfway through although the progress bar continues to the 98% mark. I let it sit, thinking my laptop is too weak to do it quickly but really, almost 10 hours?

I'm guessing I need to decrypt the movie first, yes?

Edit: Tried dvd::rip and had similar issues; it failed leaving me with nothing of use. Going to try another, older, DVD.

'Goon

Comment

Feeling pretty stupid...

I finally got K9Copy to complete but I have nothing useful to show for it; no file was generated but the operation seems to have finished. dvd::rip at least got me some useful output if I only wanted to view it on my laptop. The current build of Handbrake doesn't want to work on Hardy - it attempts to start and then just goes away.

I have never felt so inept before

'Goon

Comment

Working...
          X