Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I set up a wireless usb connection? Any help appreciated...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I set up a wireless usb connection? Any help appreciated...

Hi
    Can someone pls give me the basics of setting up a usb wireless connection...ta

Kevbb
    Got rid of Windows, and the horrible Vista...all this is scary and new...be kind.

Re: How do I set up a wireless usb connection? Any help appreciated...

What kind of USB wireless? Make? Model?
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi...it's a USB - TP-LINK Model: TL-WN321G.

Some of the posts I have seen elsewhere it seems this should work straight out of the box. However Im not sure as this is a brand new install of Kubuntu 8.10, and im not sure if I have to install drivers, or for that matter, how to install drivers.
      I set up the (WPA Personal) key and TKIP, I.P Router address etc, but does not seem to do much.
      Even tried turning off the security...no go. Is there a firewall or something in kubuntu that could be blocking it?

Thanks for your help...

Ta Kevbb.

Got rid of Windows, and the horrible Vista...all this is scary and new...be kind.

Comment

Look at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ha...rkCardsTP-Link
        "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
        "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by arochester
          Thanks for the link, will read up on the documentation and give it a go. Im guessing I just download the driver package to the desktop, and use commands to unpack etc...will give it a go.

Thanks again Kevbb.

Comment

Working...
          X