X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sis 630

ok, time to update my progress

i got fed up with trying install everything on my pc so i built a quick small rig up and....i used it on the wired network first and used adept manager to update everything....it just so happened to install ndiswrapper and everything else i needed it to! so now my wireless card is working and all! so my next problem now...

im using a sis 630 gpu in this rig which was working great before i updated everything but now i have updated everything the graphics are stuck on a 640 by 480 res any idea on this?

also i can connect to my wireless network only when my wepkey is not enabled?? i dont understand this....

Re: sis 630

About the resolution you can go to the kmenu, system settings, monitor and display, hardware tab, and under monitor 1 choose the exact model of your monitor. You will have to restart to adjust the resolution. If that doesn't work you can edit xorg. Here is a guide on that

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=83973

You should be able to connect to networks that are secured, I have done it with laptops before. If I get my hands on a laptop I'll post back how to do it.

Comment

thanks for that i ended up just editing my xserver, well i think thats what its called, either way it worked so i now have nearly everything setup for genral use, the whole idea at the moment is to get kubuntu up and running on this pc as my mum has been driving me nuts with complaining about windows lol, anyway back to topic...

all i need to sort out is my wireless now so this vga problem is solved thanks again

Comment

So far, you haven't identified the version of Kubuntu you are running? :P That would be most helpful.

Take a look at the Kubuntuguide and click on the link for the version you are running. Assuming Intrepid, and after you gone to that page, search (Ctrl+F) on wireless to get to the first entry in the contents. This will be 4.15.4.15 Wireless Cards. The next 'hit' just down the page is 4.15.5.6 Wireless. See if either of these guides are helpful for you.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X