This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to add drivers during install

When I get ready to install kubuntu is there an easy way to add drivers for nvidia 7300gt video card and it8212 ata raid controller?

They don't work with xandros and I'm hoping there's drivers that work for these and figure during install would be the best way to do it.

I think I found a nvidi driver that will work for the video ard but not sure. If anyone knows for sure which driver works with this card, please let me know so I can be sure to download/install the correct one.

Have no idea what driver to use for the ata raid. Any help there appreciated also.

Thanks for any help.

(solved) Re: how to add drivers during install

I wasn't able to get the live cd to work for me, but I was able to install Kubuntu on a test partition and the os detected the video card fine. The little utility that allows for proprietary device driver installs installed and activated the driver super easy and I've got all the 3d stuff working great.
    Very nice.
    Hardware manager sees all of my raid arrays fine so the built in drivers worked fine for that.
    Guess I was worried for nothing.
    Now I just need to figure out how to get the raid arrays mounted into kubuntu so I can use dolphin to read/write them. Really only need to get to 2 of the ntfs partitions anyway.
    Looks like I'm off to do some reading.

Comment

Working...
    X