This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live cd asks for username password

I've decided to bite the bullet and switch from microsoft to Linux and was told Kubuntu was one of the easiest to try, so I doenloaded and burned the live cd and tried to run it, but after the screen went blank for awhile it asks for a un and pw to log in . Is there a default to use? I certainly never put one in, and it doesn't recognize the old one I used for winxp. So what do I do to try this out?
    BTW in the interim I installed and am running xandros linux which seems to work ok except no 3d effects on my nvidia video card so kubuntu should work ok and I'd really like to try it out. Can't run vmware on the free version of xandros

Re: Live cd asks for username password

you could try the password addmin.

Comment

That's pretty bunk, it's not supposed to ask for a password. Have you tried verifying the data on the cd?

Comment

If you have tried that then you might want to try re-downloading it and then use the program nero to burn it they will give you a trial. Also Check and see if your Computer you are burning a disk from if any.. has a cd writer not just a cd drive.

Comment

Re: Live cd asks for username password (resolved)

The cd verified fine but the next time I tried to boot it up it didn't even finish booting. Just went to a blank screen ad froze. Strange.
          I went ahead and installed it and it installed fine, and by specifying my un/pw during install no more password problems.
          The disk worked perfectly on my laptop, so it must just be related to my particular hardware somehow. Definately very strange though.

Comment

so it works on your laptop but you are trying to install it on a tower?

Comment

Working...
            X