This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] Firefox window issues

Randomly, firefox has begun to only display in full screen. There is no window bar at the top, so I dont even have the option to minimize or easily close the window. It also extends so far down that the entire panel is covered. Have I accidentally activated some weird option, or is there some sort of error here? If so, how can I fix it?

Re: Firefox window issues

What version of Kubuntu, and what version of Firefox?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

kubuntu 8.10 with KDE 4.1 and firefox 3.0.3

Comment

Try:

K Menu > System Settings > Window Behavior > Window-Specific

See if there is an entry for Firefox. If there is, click on it and click on Modify... > Geometry

Check the Size box and adjust the settings. The first is the width; the second the height. Click the middle drop-down box and select Remember. Click OK.

Comment

Firefox isnt listed.

Comment

Re: [Solved] Firefox window issues

The issue occurred after a firefox update. They just released another update that has resolved the issue. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Thank the devs! But really, glad to hear it's resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
                Thank the devs! But really, glad to hear it's resolved.
                Snowhog is crazy busy with the help today... not into American football Too much coffee Just an all-around heck of a guy/gal

Well, anyway, dang... nice work today. You're everywhere!

Comment

Let's just say I've a fair amount of time on my hands.

I'm currently, through the end of the year, working a three-day work week (Tuesday through Thursday). So, I have a four-day weekend every week. My job is full-time (40-hours/week), but I work a 4/10 schedule (four ten-hour days). My regular schedule is Tuesday through Friday. But because I had a lot of "use or loose" annual leave, which I had to use up before the end of December, I'm taking Fridays off.

It's a tough gig, only having to go to work three days a week, and having to suffer through four-day weekends, but, hey, that's just the kind of loyal employee I am - willing to step up and do the hard stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
                    ...My job is full-time (40-hours/week), but I work a 4/10 schedule (four ten-hour days). My regular schedule is Tuesday through Friday. But because I had a lot of "use or loose" annual leave, which I had to use up before the end of December, I'm taking Fridays off.

It's a tough gig, only having to go to work three days a week, and having to suffer through four-day weekends, but, hey, that's just the kind of loyal employee I am - willing to step up and do the hard stuff.
                    My current schedule is also 4-10's; it's great to have an employer and job that allows for it. Lets me be with my family more... and has given me more time here!

Comment

It gets better. My job is such that I can perform a significant portion of it from home. I've asked, and been given approval, to telecommute one day a week. We are just waiting on the rewrite of the official policy from our Human Resources Office. My boss and I are looking at starting this in January. I'll have used up my use/loose leave, and will then return to my 4/10 schedule, but work Fridays from home.

Ah, life is sweet. 8)

Comment

#Mental note. Send all requests for help needed on Fridays to Snowhog.

Comment

Working...
                        X