This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu wireless

erm, dont suppose someone could help me connect to the internet on my kubuntu machine? im trying to connect using a belkin wireless card sing the broadcom chip, and im trying to connect to a netgear wireless router (form sky) anyways im not to sure how im ment to set it all up...and would really like it if someone could help me

Re: kubuntu wireless

see if one of these is compatible with it, goolge is your friend.:P
    madwifi or prisim.

these are not the only wifi drivers for linux but between the two of them they have the most compatibility (that i know of)
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

did you check to see if there were hardware drivers needed? I had a similar issue with my x300 laptop. I ended up hooking a hard line to it activating the restricted drivers and whamo..everything works.

Comment

ok, well ive lost count of how many different guides ive looked at lol, i think it has something to do with me not knowing what these dev files are, where to place files and what i need to install a program,

i cant even install ndiswrapper.............i need a real cut down guide if im ever going to use kubuntu, although i am using kubuntu right now on the net im wired mind so yes i am still trying to figure out how to install the wireless card, which should be supported as others have done it, anyways

how the hell do i install stuff? do i need of things other then just the program/files/devs? is there any in depth guides that run you through every little thing to install a program?? sorry with all the qeustions but im so new to this and im very determind to use it as ive been a windows user for god knows how long but i reall hate windows lol, the other thing i need to ask is that when i write this command....

sudo apt-get -y remove compiz-core desktop-effects

it wont work, it just says

sudo apt-get -y remove compiz-core desktop-effects

and thats the same with nearly everything i type...nothing can find its package?

Comment

Working...
        X