This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can not print in 8.04

Hi all - still new to Kubuntu and need help!!
    Am moving all my work from WinXP to Kubuntu and all going well and love it.
    Last week moved my Epson EPL-6200L from Win to Linux box. Linux sees and reports printer OK BUT will not print. If I send Test Page it is "Held"!!!
    Need help and advise on fixing this problem
    Thanks.

Re: Can not print in 8.04

Clutching at straws here but could it be the paper format which is at fault?

Apart from that I'd google your printer make and model and "ubuntu" to see whether other people have had similar problems.

HTH
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Thanks toad!
      I Googled and found the following....

Re: EPL 6200L kubuntu gutsy not work
      Posted by: pg261 (IP Logged)
      Date: January 27, 2008 02:17PM

hi all,

i had the same problem and i was really lucky to find an easy solution.
      first DL the following file:

[grappalug.homelinux.net]

change its extension to .ppd (i mean, get rid of the .txt at the end), then edit the file. Look for the chain "gs-afpl" and replace it with just "gs" (it's so naive i still can't believe it worked).

then go to system/admin/printing and make a fresh install of the 6200L. Choose to submit your own ppd file, and give the location of the file above (it'll then be copied to /etc/cups/ppd/<same name>).

now it works fine! well at least for me. I have to say the printer used to work on my old edgy, with the exact opposite trick (replace gs by gs-apfl), so perhaps with a brand new gutsy instead of an upgrade from a working edgy, you might need some extra tweaking.

cheers
      pierre

Tried this but still no luck!!! Any ideas??

Comment

The other method I found (if google ubuntu does not work) is google linux and printer model. This got me this page

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_pr...pson-EPL-6200L

Hope that helps a little
        Running Kubuntu Karmic Koala&nbsp; with KDE 4.3 at home<br /><br />Kubuntu user 24342<br /><br />Running Dell Inspiron 530 Dual Core 3ghz<br /><br />and also running Kubuntu on a Lenovo thinkpad using a live pen drive<br /><br />Still no Microsoft here!

Comment

Working...
        X