This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i install firefox

I am new to kubuntu and i am trying to install firefox.I did not fing it i Adept so i downloaded it from firefox website.Now when i try to install it it is very different from windows.Can anyone help me on how to install.Thanks ps this is the first time i am using linux and dont want to go back to windows so please help me

Re: How do i install firefox

What version of Kubuntu are you using?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I am using 8.10 version

Comment

Adept Manager in 8.10 has a problem with packages that have names of less than four characters, making it difficult to find certain packages. Plus, the Adept Manager in 8.10 just plain sucks IMO. :P

Open a console and type:
        Code:
        sudo apt-get install synaptic
        This will install the Synaptic package manager - a much better package manger than the current Adept Manager.

Open Synaptic (it will be in the K Menu under Applications > System) and search on firefox and click on the square box to the left of the package name. This will open an option box. Click on Mark for Installation and then on Apply to install. Firefox will then be available on the K Menu in Applications > Internet

Comment

Thanks snowhog will give it a try and btw you people here are the best

Comment

sorry for bothering you again when you say console u mean the terminal as i am very new to this thanks

Comment

Yes.

K Menu > Applications > Terminal > Terminal

You can also open a terminal by pressing Alt+F2 and typing konsole

Comment

Thanks so much snowhog

Comment

You're more than welcome. Happy to assist in any way I am able. By the way, welcome to the KFN.

Comment

Working...
                  X