This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compiz Fusion

ok i have had Kubuntu for 2-3 days now. I know how to use it but i haven't been able to get the desktop cube to work. I have tried MANY different settings in Compiz Fusion settings manager (NB Yes i do have desktop cube activated). Does anyone know hoe to fix this problem. I have reinstalled Kubuntu and before i have a desktop wall thingy but now i have nothing i can't even swap windows with ctrl+alt+Arrow key i need to click the buttons to change which is annoying.

Re: Compiz Fusion

Did you check the number of desktops in compiz-fusion-manager?

It defaults to 2. Change it to 4 or as many desktops you want. It is in the general section of compiz.

Shiva

Comment

Are you sure Compiz is actually running? Have you tried starting it in a terminal to see if there are any errors?

Comment

Open a Konsole window and enter
        Code:
        glxgears
        If you see the graphic then we can proceed to the next possible problem. If there's only an error message, then you don't have glx and compositing enabled, which are prerequisites to running Compiz.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
          Open a Konsole window and enter
          Code:
          glxgears
          If you see the graphic then we can proceed to the next possible problem. If there's only an error message, then you don't have glx and compositing enabled, which are prerequisites to running Compiz.
          It worked (IE: Opened a window showing 3 gears)

Comment

See Re: compiz
            Windows no longer obstructs my view.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
            X