This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ktorrent, utorrent with wine, other?

to the point, if I use utorrent with wine, then it downloads, but its slow and it says that my proxy settings are slowing it down (I dont have a proxy or firewall). so I try ktorrent, but it seems force people maintain a moderate upload/download ratio (either that or its just slow for some reason). overall, with these programs in linux i download slower than in XP with utorrent, which is what i want to solve. by the way, browsing the net with firefox is fine, no speed problems, so i doubt its really a network problem.
    but is there any way to get around not having maintain an upload quota, or any other software that I can download with while keeping uploads to a bare minimum?
    dont judge me for being a weasel, chances are you dont upload that much either.

Thanks in advance!

Re: ktorrent, utorrent with wine, other?

have you tryed capping the upload speed in ktorrent this is what i do (my isp give us only 10k up)
    i use azureus( vuse is its new name) on my xp machine and i belive you can install it via the repositories
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install azureus
    don't know if it will fix ur issue but its worth a shot
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

You might need to forward your ports if you have a router. Ktorrent has a plug-in for that. UPnPP or something like that.

I thought having 50kB/s up was bad. Many other ISP's give ~4MB/s up for the same price I pay for mine. I hope someday ... Sorry... got carried away
      Join the dark side<br />---------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Samsung NC10 netbook running<br />PCLinuxOS 2010 // Win XP

Comment

rtorrent is really fast and doesn't cap anything. But it is a CLI application. For some people (like me) it is a plus - I can use it remotely through SSH and screen.

Comment

@Gediminas2 i wish they would give us that much up ... i hear talk of getting about 40k up from my isp soon, with in a few weeks. hopefully this will happen.
          Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
          X