This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot Kdewallet password. SOLVED

Rather a long time ago, I installed Kubuntu through wubi on my wife's computer. After that she has done nothing with it. So today, I decided to play around with the installation, but realised that I have forgotten the password I set for Kdewallet. How do I change the password, without knowing the current one?

Re: Forgot Kdewallet password

I think the technical term for your situation is "You're so screwed!". In other words, you can't.

Comment

You are not screwed. What a shocking idea Simply delete the file(s) in ~/.kde/share/apps/kwallet/
      Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Thanks toad. I will try as soon as the next opportunity arises.

Comment

Uhm...how do I do this. I tried finding the folders in Kate, but no luck. I gather the .kde folder is hidden, how do I give Kate su-permission to find and edit the folder? Or is there something else that needs to be done?

Comment

You don't need to - the folder and it's single content are in your home folder.

In Konqueror navigate to your home folder. Click on View > Show Hidden Files or just press Alt+. (the Alt key and the period key). Then just navigate to the .kde/share/apps/kwallet folder.
            Windows no longer obstructs my view.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

You are not screwed. What a shocking idea Simply delete the file(s) in ~/.kde/share/apps/kwallet/
              Ah, sorry, I thought he wanted to change the password so that he could access the passwords in the wallet. If that was the case, then he would be screwed (or the waller would be very screwed up, security wise).

Comment

Yeah, Trobert - he can kiss good-bye to his passwords. Spot on there.
                Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by toad
                  Yeah, Trobert - he can kiss good-bye to his passwords. Spot on there.
                  >> True, but luckily the only password in the wallet was the network-code for my wireless network, and that is easily retrievable... :-) It worked like a charm, by the way.

Comment

Glad it worked! Time to read my signature...

Please

Comment

Working...
                    X