This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant get online

I am totally new to this whole deal. I can not get the internet to work lspci says this about the ethernet: 00:14.0 Bridge: nvidia corporation mcp51 ethernet controller (rev a3). Any help would be appreciated. Remember, I am very new to this.

Re: Cant get online

Have you gone to K>System Settings>Network and put in your settings? You probably want Automatic/DHCP and check the box to start at boot.

Comment

Yea I checked that out, everything looks right. One thing I discovered is the ishw command which comes up with *-network DISABLED. Easy fix maybe?

Comment

Maybe. Go to K>System>Konsole enter the following command:

ifconfig

I expect it will list eth0. It probably won't show an IP address. If this is the case, try the following command.

sudo ifconfig eth0 up

If you get an error, post the output of ifconfig and errors. I will check back this weekend and try and help you sort this out.

Comment

I can not copy and paste bc it is on another system, which isn't partitioned. What should I look for exactly? I will copy it word for word if need be.

Comment

If you have eth0 and you try what I told you and don't get an IP, then post any errors word for word. Otherwise, type the following command:

dmesg|grep mcp51

and see if there are any errors. Post those word for word.

Comment

Working...
            X