This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[solved]Avi to dvd guide anyone

hi guys what programs to you all recommend for avi to dvd making, as i did have tovid installed last time but that always seem to make dvd9 disks even of stuff that i have made before in windows using dvdx that fitted on a 3 gig of space. in tovid they came out at 7.4gigs so need to know what you all use

Re: Avi to dvd guide anyone

are you wanting to know about file conversion or do you need something to change it from a dvd9 to a dvd5?

For my conversions I use DeVeDe then I just burn with K3b.

for shrinking the size, I believe there is a package in the repos called K9copy.
    &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

yeah it was the conversion software i wanted advice on i have installed devede now and have just give it a go. any other suggestions

Comment

When using DeVeDe. you can shrink the video to fit on one disk by adjusting the video rate. I have done this on several videos and the quality is still great if you don't over do it. Also, DeVeDe is very resource intensive while running. Keep an eye on your processor temps. I have used DeVeDe many times and it works great.

Comment

Here's the command line-based method I've been using for years. The great part is that it's easy to turn this into a script that will automate the process for you. I've been known to make a dozen DVDs at a time.

http://justlinux.com/forum/showpost....73&postcount=1

Comment

Working...
          X