This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compiz fusion for 8.10

Im very new to linux and have just downloaded my first distribution of kubuntu. I would like to install fusion, but I am still a little unsure of myself when installing programs. Adept didnt seem to have a fusion package listed, so I was hoping someone could walk me through this.

Re: Compiz fusion for 8.10

1. Install synaptic. KMenu>Applications>System>Konsole and in the Konsole enter
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install synaptic
    2. Open synaptic, and mark the following packages:

compiz
    compizconfig-settings-manager
    compiz-core
    compiz-fusion-bcop
    compiz-fusion-plugins-main
    compiz-fusion-plugins-extra
    compiz-fusion-plugins-unsupported
    compiz-plugins
    compiz-gnome
    compiz-kde
    compiz-wrapper
    python-compizconfig
    libdecoration0

I'm going to advise you to skip emerald -- it disables the Alt-F2 function of KDE 4. So you'll be using the kwin window decorator.

3. After you install the packages, you go first to KMenu>System Settings>Advanced>Session Manager and under Window Manager you set it to "Compiz".

4. Then go to KMenu>Applications>CompizConfig Settings Manager to set up the cube and rotation and other effects and plugins.

Comment

Re: Compiz fusion for 8.10

Conversely:
      system settings->desktop->enable desktop effects (or similar, mine is german) configure as needed.

This does not have all the bell and whistles as compiz (those will be added in kde4.2) but it is much less resource hungry than compiz.
      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
      X