Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Sorted][Kub 6.10 to 7.10 upgrade] Gui Font size is so huge I can't use the PC

Hey!I'm back.

After sorting the main user permissions I decided toupdate packages as the PC had been 4 months without proper manteinance.

After upgrading to 7.10 and rebooting I started having problems again.

At first I thought it was a screen resolution problem and edited xorg.conf and got rid of a config out of range for out monitor.

However that didn't sort the issue. Actually, the GUI font is so huge that when I start any program all the screen gets cluttered by the menus and there's no space left inscreen for the program itself.

Can anyone think of a way to sort this?

Thanks in advance.

Re: [Kubuntu 6.10 to 7.10 upgrade] Gui Font size is so huge I can't use the PC

Run the command kcontrol and select appearance/ fonts. You should be able to sort the problem there.

Comment

The fonts are so big that barely get to see the start of the screen. That ain't viable I'm afraid.

Is there any way of changing appearance/fonts from konsole?

Comment

Actually I thought I'd add further information so people can get a proper idea:

The problem starts at the login screen. When Kubuntu loads the login screen it does a screen resolution change which renders a huge mouse pointer and huge fonts.

Getting past the login ain't a problem as you can just type the password and press enter, but the mouse pointer and font size problem remains inside kde.

Hope this helps to clarify further.

Comment

I think the fix is here:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3096455.0

Comment

I actually sorted it in a rough way.

Reading through some documentation I found it could be a driver issue.

What I did was go to the linux 8.10 install I have and look at what driver that installation used.

It was "vesa" instead of "ati".

I edited xorg.conf and also got rid of the BusID part I had there as that wasn't in the working installation.

Kind of brute perhaps, but it has worked as a treat

Comment

Working...
            X