This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't upgrade to 8.10

I have two comps running the 64 bit version of 8.04 & neither of them will upgrade to 8.10.
    I've followed the instructions here https://help.ubuntu.com/community/In...grades/Kubuntu but it only gets as far as step 5. When I click the finish button, the dialog box disappears but adept remains open & nothing else happens.
    Any help gratefully appreciated

Re: Can't upgrade to 8.10

I tried both methods to up-grade from Gutsy to Hardy (internet and alternate), and ended downloading and burning an .iso.

YMMV

Comment

If the common factor in both computers is one Alternate disk I would first check that you have a good burn of the iso to the CD.

"A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
      "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

I was doing the internet upgrade. I've heard mention of this "alternate" cd but have searched everywhere and can't find where to download it from

Comment

Firstly - on the link you provide- the internet upgrade has only two steps, so how can you be stuck on step 5?

Secondly - on the link you provide- the Alternate CD install has eleven steps, so you could be stuck on step 5, but you don't have the Alternate disk...

Get the Alternate disk here: http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu/download

Remember to put a check the box!
          "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Oh crap . Just realised I forgot to put the kdesudo in front. Seems to be working ok now. Thanks
            The steps for the internet upgrade & alternate cd upgrade seem the same except for the first step. At least on my comps

EDIT:Sorry my mistake, it was early morning when I posted and was still a bit groggy. I think when I did the internet upgrade correctly, it skipped a few steps that were in the cd upgrade.

Comment

I think the point of the Alternate CD install is that you download once and can install that on many machines. The internet install has to be done on each machine.

Comment

Oh crap again . I should have thought of that. Now I'm going to have to download a second time

Comment

Working...
                X