This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume control not working in 8.10

Hi, I just did a new install of 8.10 tonight and I cant get my volume control to work correctly. On my laptop I have a little dial that can adjust the volume with but the only channel it adjusts is PCM no matter what channel is selected to be the master. The channel I require is Front and when I select this and use the dial the volume for Front is displayed on the screen but any adjustments are still made to the PCM channel.

Any ideas how to change this? Im assuming I just need to set an option to point to the right location or button input but I cant find where.

Re: Volume control not working in 8.10

Double click on the KMix systray icon. Goto Settings->Configure Shortcuts and change the shortcuts for Volume up and Volume down. (Since those volume control keys should be already assigned to some other actions, click Reassign if asked to)

Comment

No that was already working fine. The dial changes the volume, just it always changes the PCM channel no matter what channel I have selected to be the master. But when I move the dial what is displayed on screen IS the master channel, but it doesnt change as it is still the PCM channel being changed in the background.

Comment

Hey guys my volume also is not working. If i right click on the volume control it has a check mark on mute that i am unable to remove. I am also on the latest Kubuntu 8.1 64bit.
        If anyone can help please advise me.

Comment

Working...
        X