This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

installing 8.10, let it install proprietary drivers, now xorg has issues

new to linux.. installed kubuntu 8.10, and let it install the restricted repositories
    went into the hardware drivers section, and it said it wanted to use proprietary drivers, so I let it. after it was done, it said it needed to reboot, so I rebooted. now when it boots, it goes to the command line login. when i typed startx, it gave me an error saying no devices detected. fatal server error, no screens found. giving up.
    I am running a Nforce 750i SLI mainboard with 2 Nvidia 8800GTS graphics cards.
    thanks for the help!

Re: installing 8.10, let it install proprietary drivers, now xorg has issues

Try it like this:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...2523#msg152523

Comment

Re: installing 8.10, let it install proprietary drivers, now xorg has issues

i am not kubuntu guru but for now you can start "X" in vesa mode by using vesa config file in /etc/X11

and if the link that you see in the upper post dont work you can find the solution alone by reading

man xorg.conf i wish you luck
      proc:Intel Pentium Dual&nbsp; CPU&nbsp; E2220&nbsp; @ 2.40GHz Cash Size 1024KB<br />hdd:Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 3GB/s 500GB<br />vc:Nvidia Zotac 8600 GT AMP edition 256MB GDDR3<br />ram:1 block Kingston 1GB DDR2/667 1 block JetRAM 1GB DDR2/667 Dual Channel mode<br />Fully Compatible with Kubuntu 8.1 + KDE 4.1.2 <br />Tested &amp; Appro

Comment

Working...
      X