This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection drops

I just installed Kubuntu on my laptop and all has been well until today I've noticed alot of connection drops from my wireless connection. I don't understand because yesterday I had the same settings as today. But yet today my connection keeps dropping randomly. I forgot the text to display the system's devices and such or else I would have provided it.
    "If you get up in a quarrel everyday, You are saying prayers to the devil I say" - Bob Marley

Re: Connection drops

I have similar, yet completely different problem. I have fiber optics connection and last time I log in Kubuntu my network didn't work. I tried everything; well mostly hard reset of my modem but with no success. Does your connection drops while loged in or does it when you start the computer?
    Also you might like to check out launchpad where similar bug was reported:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/259278

Hope this help...
    I'm magnet for errors, problems and bugs...

Comment

Mine always drops me while I'm logged in. It just randomly drops then takes 3 - 5 tries until it finally establishes connection again.
      "If you get up in a quarrel everyday, You are saying prayers to the devil I say" - Bob Marley

Comment

Originally posted by Kenter
        Mine always drops me while I'm logged in. It just randomly drops then takes 3 - 5 tries until it finally establishes connection again.
        Oh Mon, keep in mind that wireless is radio. So Ja say.

Anything that might cause radio frequency interference in your location has the potential to cause symptoms. For example, a wireless phone broadcasting in the 2.4G band might swamp out a wireless interface that is using the same band. Even another Access Point nearby that is broadcasting on the same channel as your interface could cause problems. Even moving around a room might be an issue or "outsiders" trying to grab a DHCP IP lease as soon as one comes free could contribute to not being able to reconnect when your lease has expired. Not an easy thing to speculate about with only the symptoms you mention.

Comment

Working...
        X