This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu Bloqued..? HELP ME.

Hello everyone...This is Daniel from Valencia, Venezuela...I'm really a newbie here in the Linux universe....I'm having troubles with mi kubuntu distribution. I installed Kunbuntu 8.10 from a Live CD while keeping Windows Vista Ultimate in another disc partion. Well...the problem is that i was trying to configured things like the style and other visual effects in the KDE and suddenly my monitor turned black. Then i was asked to login again but i can't. It keeps turning black and returning to the login window. What should i do..? I really don't know why its happening. Thanks in advance and sorry for my english...it's a little bit rusty.

Re: Kubuntu Bloqued..? HELP ME.

I'd suggest a re-boot, on the log-in screen at the bottom is an <Options> option, select to re-boot and try again.

.... or have you tried this?

Comment

Yes...I've already try to re-boot and it's the same...Any guess on what went wrong..?
      I guess i'll have to re-intall the OS but i would like to know what am i doing wrong.

Comment

Before doing a re-install, reboot into recovery mode (you'll end up at the command prompt). From there you can rename your user hidden .kde folder and then shutdown/restart. This will cause the system to build a new .kde folder with default settings.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Rather than re-install, start Dolphin (or Konqueror), select the Show hidden files option, go to your Home directory, and either re-name or delete the .kde directory.

It will be re-generated as default if you log-out, or - better still, re-start.

.... I always was a slow typist....

Comment

Thanks so much...I'll be posting the results...

Comment

Working...
            X