This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless connection lost when booting in kubuntu

Hey all! I'm new to the forums and kubuntu overall. I installed Kubuntu KDE-4 8.04.1 last night sometime. I'm running it as a dual-boot with vista on my laptop; it's an HPdv9000. When logged in with vista I have access to the internet and the wireless light is blue, indicating wireless networks are found; when I log in on kubuntu I cannot access the internet and the wireless light is orange(indicating no wireless networks are found). I searched around the forums, somewhat, and stopped because I always come to a dead end. I think its mostly because I don't know exactly what to search for. Can someone give me a heads-up and maybe some answers in finding a way to connect wirelessly to the internet? Thanks in advance.

Re: Wireless connection lost when booting in kubuntu

You need to find out what wireless CHIPSET you are dealing with. In a Terminal input:
    lspci
    What does it show against Network Controller?
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hey Phil!

Ever get your wireless problem solved?
      I just got my Kubuntu CD and have the same problem.
      And I'm new to Linux and Kubuntu, also have a HP Presario.
      Booting in Vista I get the blue wireless indicator.
      Booting in Kubuntu gives me the yellow/orange indicator.

Comment

I have the same problem on my hp dv600 laptop and when I enter "lspci -nn" in my konsole it shows my wireless card but I dont see it when I do an "ifconfig" how do I solve this because I think this might be where the issue is.

Comment

Working...
        X