This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amarok id3 tag and m4a

I have a problem I cannot solve here. Amarok will not play M4a format and with these files there id3 tags are not being read correctly. I have about 2000 songs like this

EX: song Stairway to Heaven (title only) when clicked to play brings this error

"No suitable demux plugin. This often means that the file format is not supported.
    file:///home/rogan/Music/Zombie Nation(Oddworld 2000).m4a""

during this process the title of the song actually changes to something random such as currently "Devorced"

now lets say I have 100 m4a songs below that (since these title only songs are at the bottom of my playlist)
    Amarok tries to play all of the songs below it and gives an error for those songs and also changes the titles of the track to "divorced" so now I have 100 divorced titled songs

If I reopen Amarok these tracks will have there original names but I can go through the process again and all the titles randomly change names (always different)

I have installed and tried many things (mostly from irc users suggestions) but so far nothing has worked

Thanks for your help in advance. I have a Huge playlist of over 50k songs and I am very ocd about my playlist being tagged correctly

Re: Amarok id3 tag and m4a

xine engine for the Amarok audio player - Medibuntu package
    This package provides the xine engine for Amarok, which you may prefer
    for some reason over the other engines (e.g., it is the lightest engine
    Dependency-wise).

This package is built with Itunes AAC-LC (.m4a) support enabled.
    Therefore, it is in Medibuntu as it might violate patents.

---------------------------------------------

Have you installed the Medibuntu repository? Instructions here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Me...20Repositories . Install amarok-xine
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Yes Arochester Amarok-xine is installed

Comment

1) The blog at http://www.blog.highub.com/linux/pla...-linux-ubuntu/ suggests installing gstreamer.

2)Have you considered coverting your m4as to mp3s? There are several ways mentioned in Google e.g. http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...to-mp3-170553/
        "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
        "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Yes but this will most likely covert with no tag seeing that the tags are somehow not properly being read.. then I would have a ton of mp3s with no name and no way to tell what they are

Comment

Working...
          X