This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get kernel 21 to run

Adept tried to install the kernel update last week and I had something installed (WICD) that caused it to fail. I've since removed WICD since I don't really need it. But if I choose Version 21 from GRUB and try to boot it, then the PC locks up. Version 19 still runs OK so no real big problem. But, then I tried to uninstall version 21 and then tried to install it again and it still locks up. How do I get rid of this latest kernel install removed using ADEPT, and also remove it as a menu choice from GRUB and try to do it over again? Or should I just wait for the BIG update coming later this month?

Re: Can't get kernel 21 to run

Using adept, do a search for all files containing the number sequence of the kernel. You may find possibly 4 different files (kernel, kernel image, restricted modules, headers). View the proposed changes and make sure that nothing else of importance is to be removed with them, Uninstall and then reboot.

The newer kernel should then have gone from your grub menu. You may then be able to reinstall the newer kernel and it will probably run properly.

Comment

Working...
    X