This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noobiest Question: No GUI after Load of OS

I recently started looking into converting to linux. Linux.com told me try try this, as most win customers (me) tend to get used to it the easiest. so looked into it.

I downloaded the ISO, for 8.0.4, burnt it to a CD, and proceeded. When i was at the menu (the one with, try it, install it, test for defects ect.)
    i said "Test for Defects". it did that fine, in about 3-4 min, and said there were no Defects. press any key to continue. ok, i wanted to try it before comitting to partitioning, which i know almost nothing about, (but my father could teach me (im 15 btw)). So i booted it back up, and this time selected "Try Kubuntu Without changing your system" or whatever it said.

When i hit enter, about 5 secs later i got the loading screen (with Kubuntu and the blue bar) at first it was like pong, bouncing back and forth, then like a progression bar, sliding as it completed.

Once the bar completed, the screen went black and..... thats it. it went black, i waited 10 min, cleaning my room, nothing happend.

I am eager to try this, and cant wait.

Thank you in Advance

About myself
    I am on the same computer that i tried to try out,
    i am running Windows XP SP3 x32
    I am running a custom built comp.
    Intel Duo-core 3GHz CPU
    Gygibyte Mobo
    4GB ram DDR3 1333
    NVidia 9600 2xDVI
    NVidia 5600? Svid. and AGP ( i think its 5600. i know its the 5 family)

P.S. Is there a seperate version for x64 for linux, like there is for Windows

Re: Noobiest Question: No GUI after Load of OS

How to get started with no GUI

And, welcome to Kubuntu Forums.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
    X