X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic upgrade killed wireless.

Hi,

I've been running 64 version of 2.6.24-19 for a while now and wireless has worked perfectly. Today I did an automatic upgrade to 2.6.24-21, and my wireless stopped working. My card, a Ralink RT73, is detected, but KNetwork can't get past 28% on "configuring device."

If it matters, my laptop is a Hasee with GL960 chipset and T2370 cpu. Prior to this, the computer would sometimes freeze when using wireless until I installed a "generic backport" package, after which it worked fine.

I can still use -19 fine, so it's not a huge issue, but I'd like to find an answer so I'll be able to upgrade eventually.

Thanks

Re: Automatic upgrade killed wireless.

My experience is that sometimes you upgrade the kernel and wireless keeps working, sometimes you upgrade the kernel and wireless stops working. I just reinstall wireless into the new kernel.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Re: Automatic upgrade killed wireless.

I tried reinstalling any package that looked like it had anything to do with wireless, but no dice. I'm starting to think that with Intrepid being released in a couple weeks, I might as well just keep using the old kernel for now, since even if I get it working I'll probably just upgrade again in a few weeks.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X