This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Record what u Hear ?

With windows it's a snap to record what u are hearing - be it sound from a webpage or from an audio file etc.
    I googled this and see long command lines for alsa this and that ...and complicated fixes for audacity and alsa mixers.
    any simple utility to do this with Linux ? - I don't mean for streaming audio.

Re: Record what u Hear ?

Not a utility, and probably not the best quality way to do it, but I just have a double ended jack line. One end in the earphone jack, the other in the mic' jack and record it on audacity. Easy, fast and not that dirty!
    I'm only here so often because I'm too blinking lazy to learn shell!

Comment

ok, never thought of doing it that way - cool solution - will give it a try. Thanks bernieszu !

Comment

just realized that no connection is necessary...hit audacity record button and it automatically is recording everything you hear...even easier than windows

Comment

Wow!
          We live and learn - will save me mucking about with the jacks from now on then!

Comment

VLC can record whatever is playing also.

Comment

VLC is what I tried to do this with at first but did not see a record button on it ?

Comment

Yeah same with me. Anyway, when I am googling it only show "Record internet radio" or "record streaming".

Btw, must we have mic to record in Audacity? Can't we just press record button and it record automatically the sound which come out from speaker?
                P4 3.06 HT,RAM 512 MB, 80GB HD, Geforce 6200 LE, Kubuntu 8.04

Comment

Yeah, that's what Dart found - no mic necessary!

Comment

Don't know why, but Audacity won't record for me - probably something wrong with my mixer settings as I get an error message saying no input found. Fiddled around with mixer to no effect, then discovered that using 'Sound Recorder' works fine. Just thought I'd post in case anyone else has problems recording through Audacity.

Comment

After I posted about using VLC, I went a checked it. With the old verson of VLC it was very easy to record a live stream, or from a TV Card. It's not so easy in the new version. I haven't been able to do it yet. I may downgrade to the older version.

Comment

make sure that PCM levels are raised in kmix input sliders.

Comment

Working...
                        X