This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

panel problems

Some problems with panel just started happening. When I click an appln (eg for firefox) the window pops up but a button doesn't appear on panel. When I put cursor over desktop, I get a list of open apps in that desktop but when I cursor up to click on one of them, the list disappears. What is happening and how do I correct it?

Re: panel problems

Make sure that you have the Widget "Task Manager" installed. It can go anywhere but put it on your panel.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thank you for reply. I don't know where to get widget, but if it lists all active processes, this is not what I want (too much info). I to access windows for apps recently clicked on or minimized.

Comment

So what version are you using? My answer was relevant to 8.10 or 8.04 KDE4.
        "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

I'm on 8.04, so how do I get widget and will it do what I described I want?

Comment

If you are using KDE4, and NOT if you are using KDE3, RIGHT click in a space on your panel. A menu should open giving you the chance to "Add Widgets". Choose the Widget called "Task Manager."

Comment

Many thanks, it was under "Add Applets" and did what I wanted. However, the little boxes allowing me to choose desktop seem to have disappeared. How do I get them back?

Comment

the little boxes allowing me to choose desktop seem to have disappeared. How do I get them back?
                Same as before. The Widget is called "Pager".

Comment

Working...
                X