This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

php and FireFox

Since I started using Kubuntu with FireFox, when I click on a link that contains any reference to "php" I get a pop-up message "You have chosen to open file_.....php - do you want to save this or cancel."

When Googled, I see others are having this same problem. One thing in common is that all seem to be using FireFox and mostly with Ubuntu and some other Linux distributions as well. None of the posts with this question posed have answers as to why this is occuring and I have not seen a soulution. Today I was trying to click on some link and kept getting the same message without being taken to the link. Finally after numerous tries, I was taken to the link.

I don't remember ever getting this same message with windows and firefox before.

Re: php and FireFox

what ver. of FF are u using??
    Wanna know more about Me and My computer then click here

Comment

version 3.0.3

Comment

May I know what is the link? Does other .php links behave like this?
        P4 3.06 HT,RAM 512 MB, 80GB HD, Geforce 6200 LE, Kubuntu 8.04

Comment

Originally posted by garry_3peace
          May I know what is the link? Does other .php links behave like this?
          at times a link may work fine which contains a "php" and at other times the same link will give me the message. ie: it has happen at times searchinng thru forum links here and at ubuntu. I have seen this with both my desktop and laptop running Hardy Heron.

Comment

I haven't found the solution yet. But when I googling I found one "temporary fix" for your problemress alt key

http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...871747f0617678
            P4 3.06 HT,RAM 512 MB, 80GB HD, Geforce 6200 LE, Kubuntu 8.04

Comment

Good find...
              coincidentally, i have not run into the problem since i posted it here
              But will try the alt key when it happens again and report back. Thanks garry !

Comment

Working...
              X