This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

b43-cutter "no networks found"

I know theres like a million threads about this but I can't get it to work.  Heres the deal, I did a clean install of kubuntu HH on a hp pavilion ze2000 with the bcm4318 card.  Upgraded and updated adept.  then I tried to install windows driver with ndiswrapper.  I used this site  https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...swrapper  No dice.  Messed around with blacklist settings and some other stuff and magically got it to connect.  Then I restarted and I couldn't even find wlan0 anymore.

Then I found out that I could use b43 drivers.  To make sure that ndiswrapper wasn't affecting b43 I just did another clean install.  I upgraded and updated adept and then went to the Hardware drivers manager and enabled the b43.  It asked me if i wanted to rip firmware and I clicked ok.  Everything looked great.  Still no Dice.  The light on the laptop lights up now and I can see it in knetworkmanager but it tells me "no wireless network found"  I tried to connect to my router manually by typing in my ssid and then it tries to connect and errors out at 28% during "Activation stage: Configuring device"

Eth0 works great, router has no password, using knetworkmanager and dchp.
    Any ideas people?

Edit:
    More info people, for some weird reason I turn off the wifi with the wifi button on the laptop and the light never comes back no matter how much I press it. After pressing it a lot of times trying to get the light back, I look at knetwork manager and it is connecting all by itslef. I'm not sure if the light is backwards or something but that's weird. Even weirder after I reboot it works great. So I guess if you're having b43 problems try pressing your wifi button like a madman! hehe.
Working...
X