This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shortcut key bindings

some how messed up and turned lower case Z into hotkey that opens a terminal window. Plays hell with loveletters when telling someone how much you realiZe they mean to you. kinda like a fart in church - load one when you're really gettin it on!
    Any suggestions? Kubuntu / Ubuntu HH
    You guyZ are great, first post cause didn't want to bother anyone but days of searching and headsmashing is gettin tired, more importantly now she thinks i am even craZier than she did before, owell.
    thanks

Re: shortcut key bindings

what version of kde are u using??

if using kde 3.5..

Right click the kmenu - edit menu - find terminal

in current shortcut key is there anything in there? 'cause it should say none by default..

If it does say something other than none - click it - click the X on the left side - click okay or whatever and then close out the kmenu editor - it should as u to save - YES to save...
    Wanna know more about Me and My computer then click here

Comment

didn't intend to be rude with non-response, been fire outputtin other forests for a while. learned a lot from your suggestion, thank you. believe terminal that comes up is KDE 4.0 (from 'about' help tab). did find had multiple terminal types in different places but went through all key bindings as you suggested.

i believe Z problem is outside of terminal and is system shortcut / parameter of some sort related directly to keyboard binding. any app at all run under ubuntu / kubuntu - this window and desktop included - if i touch lower case Z (no shift, ctrl, alt or other combo key) the terminal opens instantly with focus, have to close and reedit (with cap Z instead) to continue.

was caused by fiddling with macros and shortcuts but didn't realiZe had changed syst par and saved changed (ouch) - didn't note where i wuZ when fiddling o'well.

Comment

figures, i post then find answer. had not installed / dwnld enuf, checked system->Prefs-> keyboard shortcuts et voila z problem fixed, sorry to bother all. was not a menu choice until i went thru installing more modules

Comment

Working...
        X