This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eudora 8.0.0b3 (help)

I have used Eudora (paid) for many, many years and I just found out that it is no longer supported. I am not a software geek and so I am desperate for help with Eudora 8.0.0b3.

After FINALLY being able to get it to download/upload messages, all of a sudden now I cannot open any messages to read...here is the message I get whenever I open a message to read.

Can anyone help me solve this problem

I am involved with dogs and dog clubs nationally and so I get a preponderance of email to answer.

Thank you for any help possible.

God Bless
    jan
    rott-n-chatter.com (oldest Rottweiler domain in the world)<br />pawvillage.com <br /><br />&quot;The Lord will never give us more than He knows we can bear..&quot;

Re: Eudora 8.0.0b3 (help)

Hello Jan, and Welcome.

I've put two pairs of glasses on, but i still can't see the message you get.

Comment

OOPS... , sorry

The file mailbox:///C|/Documents and Settings/HP_Administrator/Application Data/Thunderbird/Profiles/j1kwgj3k.default/Mail/mail.rott-n-chatter-1.com/Inbox?number=16568573 cannot be found. Please check the location and try again.

This is what appears in the Alert Box..

God Bless
      jan
      rott-n-chatter.com (oldest Rottweiler domain in the world)<br />pawvillage.com <br /><br />&quot;The Lord will never give us more than He knows we can bear..&quot;

Comment

That's better.

I must admit, i've never used Eudora, i like Thunderbird.... it's free.

Did you type the address to the mailbox in, or did you navigate to it when finding it?

It may well be handy to go to the mailbox and enter it in Konqueror, then copy the address directly from the address bar and tell Eudora to look there for it.

That is about all i can think of.

Comment

Actually it seems that whatever I try to do the same error message comes up on each email.

I worked okay this morning. I have only had this version of Eudora for 4 days and it has taken me all of this time to get my mail to download to an from my server...

I was told to try Outlook Express, but I am old and change and I just don't get along too well. Although I did attempt to D/L IE with no luck at all.

Incidently I use Firefox and have Windows XP if this helps at all.

I can't think of anything else that my assist with a solution..

Thanks again for any help.

God Bless
          jan

Comment

AHA...that gave me a clue.

I found the where the email was supposed to be located at:
            .default/Mail/mail.rott-n-chatter-1.com
            BUT, that -1 is apparently the one I created for my "pawvillage' email.

Guess I should not have tried to create a new account as such....

While in the directory/folder containing rott-n-chatter-1 ...I just deleted it and still nothing has changed when I try to read an email.

It appears that somehow I created TWO default email accounts...so I will have to tinker some more and see if I can work through it.

If you think of any more ideas....let m know and THANKS!!

God Bless
            jan

Comment

Well i'm glad that it helped a bit.

I only have three ideas, the first is that you had a very lucky escape when you couldn't down-load IE.

The second is that Thunderbird is an excellent program, and easy to set up. And it's got a ferocious junk filter.

The third is that i have used Gmail for my email for a long time now, all i have to do is to go to their site, log-in, and straight to my mailbox.
              They will keep all your emails for you, for free.

I rarely go there because - as i said - Tbird gets it for me, but it is wise to occasionally check the Junk folder -- their Junk filter is pretty sharp, too.

Comment

Working...
              X