This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KIO-Slave errors on Live boot in Virtual Box guest machine on XP host

Hello, all. I have a classmate who is trying to install Kubuntu 8.04 as a Vitual Box guest machine on a Windows XP host as part of an assignment. Booting from a Live CD successfully loads GRUB and starts the X.org server, but then displays several errors related to KIO and KIO Slaves, and freezes on a Kubuntu login background with no login box. She is completely new to Linux, and I normally use Ubuntu, so the KDE/KIO errors are beyond my experience. Does anyone have nany idea what might be causing this, or even better, a fix or workaround?

Cheers and TIA,

John

Re: KIO-Slave errors on Live boot in Virtual Box guest machine on XP host

specific error messages would help find the solution.

Originally posted by johnnytherizun
    Hello, all. I have a classmate who is trying to install Kubuntu 8.04 as a Vitual Box guest machine on a Windows XP host as part of an assignment. Booting from a Live CD successfully loads GRUB and starts the X.org server, but then displays several errors related to KIO and KIO Slaves, and freezes on a Kubuntu login background with no login box. She is completely new to Linux, and I normally use Ubuntu, so the KDE/KIO errors are beyond my experience. Does anyone have nany idea what might be causing this, or even better, a fix or workaround?

Cheers and TIA,

John

Comment

Working...
    X