This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux raid question

I gave up on Intrepid for a day and re-installed Vista to do some work. Anyway, I noticed that in my Bios options I have ahci, raid and normal to set up the hard drives I assume. How easy is it to set up a raid volume in Linux?. I'm hoping it's not, I posted the wrong chipset the other day (I put that it was a p945 instead of a p965) It's pretty nice, but I read where the wifi may be holding me back from installing due to a firmware glitch?. Anyway, hope to hear from Fintan, dude you rock!. I have the alternate cd and I'm ready to go!.

Re: Linux raid question

Originally posted by leviathan
    I gave up on Intrepid for a day and re-installed Vista to do some work. Anyway, I noticed that in my Bios options I have ahci, raid and normal to set up the hard drives I assume. How easy is it to set up a raid volume in Linux?. I'm hoping it's not, I posted the wrong chipset the other day (I put that it was a p945 instead of a p965) It's pretty nice, but I read where the wifi may be holding me back from installing due to a firmware glitch?. Anyway, hope to hear from Fintan, dude you rock!. I have the alternate cd and I'm ready to go!.
    this link is a good start.
    http://www.howtoforge.com/install-ub...ftware-raid-10
    Google is your friend here. there a literally hundreds of pages dealing with this.

David 8)

Comment

Working...
    X