This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you help

I am new to Linux and i know most programs don't support it. I was wondering what programs/software/patch do i need to get this stuff to work. Also what formate do i need to change my music to to play it on Kubuntu. Any help will be appreciated

Re: can you help

I am new to Linux and i know most programs don't support it
    Linux programs work on Linux. Some Windows programs work on Linux. But Linux is not Windows and does not pretend to be.

I was wondering what programs/software/patch do i need to get this stuff to work
    What "stuff" do you mean exactly?

Also what formate do i need to change my music to to play it on Kubuntu
    Most music will play in Kubuntu. What format do you have your music in?

"A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi bren,

you probably want to play mp3 files, correct? I suggest you search this forum or use google to find out more - all you have to do is install lame
      Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

While most windows programs don't work almost all of them have linux equivalents. So you likely be able to find other programs that do exactly the same things. As for music, linux will play basically every format although you will first have to install the codecs as they are not included by default (for legal reasons).
        If you name specific programs people here can probably name their equivalents for you.

Comment

Hello Bren24, and Welcome.

If you want to play mp3s, open Amarok (in the Multimedia menu), and point it towards a directory containing mp3 files, it will then tell you that it can't play them, and asks if you would like mp3 support installed.

If you answer "yes" it will then down-load the necessary codecs from somewhere.

Have Fun.

Comment

Working...
          X