This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP nx7400 volume hotkeys not working

Hi all! I'm new here and just entering this fantastic world of Kubuntu, I just installed KDE 4.1 on Hardy and am really excited to get new thing working all the time. This forum has been a fantastic resource for solutions till now.

I am having problems on my HP nx7400 notebook, problems related to my volume hotkeys (vol up/down/mute) which seem to be not interfaced with some system program, maybe kmix. Result: they don't work.
    I'm saying this for 2 reasons:

1) On this forum and anywhere else is said that they work out of the box on Hardy.
    2) The LED inside the mute one is working, and the wifi hotkey is working too even if its LED is not.

Maybe another reason to prove the guilt of the system programs is that at startup the Intel HDA driver is said not to be working properly and that the next driver in the list will be tried (though I saw that in the list there are just clones of the generic Intel HDA driver.

Anyone know any solution for this?

P.S.: I'm not even sure that my laptop mounts an Intel Audio Controller. But how do I check it out?

Re: HP nx7400 volume hotkeys not working

Maybe another reason to prove the guilt of the system programs is that at startup the Intel HDA driver is said not to be working properly and that the next driver in the list will be tried (though I saw that in the list there are just clones of the generic Intel HDA driver.
    Hello.

In the new Kmix you should be able to use volume buttons. But, if you are having an audio problem altogether I would say to check this out.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=205449

Very informative. Good luck.
    &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

Working...
    X