• Time
  • Show
Clear All

automatix

Any Idea if automatix is available for 8.04

Re: automatix

Not exactly, but Ultamatix has taken its place: http://ultamatix.com/
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

If you go to the link I have posted here
      http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3097877.0
      It appears that Ultimatix has just as many problems as Automatix had, but there is a link to getting it there.
      &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

And mixing Automatix/Ultimatix with Adept Manager is not recommended, unless you want to (eventually) trash your sources.list file(s).
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

So using ultimatix is dangerous?

Comment

On it's own, no. Using it and Adept Manager within the same system will result in a corrupted sources.list file. Do a search in this Forum on Automatix and you will find all manner of posts on the woes of those who used both and suffered the consequences.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Anything that Automatix could do or Ultimatix can do, can be done some other way, possibly just as easily.

Is there something in particular that you want to do?
              "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
              "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

for instance, i like the features they have, the games, dvd codecs, ms fonts...

Comment

It be far less risky for your system if you set up Medibuntu as a repository, and got your codecs and ms fonts from it:

http://www.medibuntu.org/

Just follow the "Repository How-To" tab/instructions, for your version of Kubuntu.

Comment

It be far less risky for your system if you set up Medibuntu as a repository, and got your codecs and ms fonts from it:
                    I concur, I have ma own horror stories with automatix.

Not only does it corupt your sources.list but also makes upgrading (froexpl. to 8.10) virtually impossible.
                    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
                    4 GB Ram
                    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
                    X