X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help During Install

When I try to install Kubuntu happen this:
    [img width=400 height=308]http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj273/acmmc/1.jpg[/img]
    Then appear this menssage:
    [img width=400 height=312]http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj273/acmmc/2.jpg[/img]

What can I do? Thanks

PS: Kubuntu it's trying to install in Windows XP SP2, in a Hard Disc partition as Linux Ext3, then is in "C:" (the same part in where its Windows)

Re: Help During Install

Hi,
    from the first site it looks like the CD is corrupted and unreadable.

I would try to clean the surface of the CD and/or try to launch the CD at a boot time and install the Kubuntu from that.

Comment

It could also possibly be a bad CD or a Bad burn. That has usually been most peoples problems here. Make sure your CDROMs aren't to old and that you burn the CD at 4x if at all possible.

Comment

As MoonRise says, it is often a Bad Burn.

Many recommend using a write-once CD, rather than a CD-RW, my own experience bears this out. It is also handy to check the md5sum in case of a faulty download, it will be available on the download site.

Another important thing to do is to have your burning program verify the burn, and when stuffing the CD into the drive, instead of just selecting <Install Kubuntu now>, select <Check the CD for Defects> first.

In my experience, it pays to do this.... even if K3B trumpets SUCCESS!!

Good Luck.

Comment

Probably a bad CD burn.

Easiest way to test the CD:

Make a temporary directory and copy all files on the CD there. If it works without errors, the CD is probably good, otherwise it's bad. After you are done, delete the temp dir.

Comment

Working...
          X