This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't want to be a FireFox Beta tester thru Adept

last week i had a forefox update to 3.02 ...so i installed it. Today there were some security updates to install from adept...as they were installing, i noticed one of them was one for FireFox 3.0.3 (which i thought was too quick for another FF update) after the FireFox update, i saw some info on the main screen referring to my being a current FF beta tester ?!
    I have not applied to any beta testing for FireFox ! - and strange to me why it is being fed to my computer thru adept. I was at the FireFox page to see how I can opt out and found no information regarding this, . I don't want to uninstall FireFox and install the last stable version for concern about losing all the entries i have on there now.
    BTW - 3.03 is running very sluggish and i want out (safely).

Re: Don't want to be a FireFox Beta tester thru Adept

It's not a beta. It is apparently a fast track release to fix a bug in the password manager. Ubuntu are simply the first to make it available.

Google firefox 3.0.3 and you will see it's there.

Comment

yes ur right, ...wonder why the Firefox page after update was thanking me for being a beta-tester ?

Comment

I'm wondering why it's sluggish 4U.

If you run top in a terminal is there something hogging your resources?

Comment

sluggish immediately after update...but after system re-boot has been fine. I'll look out for the "thanks for being part of FF beta test group" message for next bump up. This is what i found very strange.

Comment

Working...
          X