This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox 3.0.2 - Windows Live Mail trouble

Hi, I get this error message when I try to login to my Hotmail account, wich I didn't get with FF 3.0.1

Re: Firefox 3.0.2 - Windows Live Mail trouble

Try this first:

Get the package user agent switcher via adept (it's in the universe repository). Once installed run firefox and select tools/user agent switcher and select IE7 with Vista. That will fool the site into thinking you are running something else.

Does it work? If so, that could be one of 2 things. Either there is something about firefox 3.0.2 that isn't properly recognised by the site yet. That's nothing sinister. Or the site has determined that you are running the linux version of FF and is blocking you. I think the first option somewhat more likely, and hopefully you won't need to use the switcher after a few days.

Ian

Comment

Thanx, it works like magic, I knew about this thing, but I didn't know the 'user agent' part, I couldn't remember at all the name
      I did the same years ago for my Debian 4.0 with the new Yahoo Mail and completely forgotten what I did back then since I didn't need to do that again in Kubuntu.
      Anyways for UR knowledge, FF 3.0.2 works fine with Windows Live on my XP machine.

Eddie

Comment

Welcome

Can I suggest you delete the picture now as it conveys your e-mail address etc and I wouldn't want you to lay yourself open to spammers through posting here

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by The Liquidator
          ...as it conveys your e-mail address etc ...
          Not to mention a default desktop theme. :P

Weird though... I don't see that result with 3.0.2... is it after you log in?

Comment

Yes - it's when you actually try to log in.

Comment

Originally posted by The Liquidator
              Yes - it's when you actually try to log in.
              Oh... I don't use it, but my wife has an account (I don't know her password)... so I was just wondering. Thanks.

Comment

Ok, I deleted that. What's wrong with defaults?
                Defaults work fine 4 me, I don't even use Compiz and Co

Comment

I tried a very old hotmail account of mine and got in (there was a tiny "continue anyway" link on the page)... pretty weak.

Like someone else said... hopefully it will get fixed in the next couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by lordrayden
                    Ok, I deleted that. What's wrong with defaults?
                    Defaults work fine 4 me, I don't even use Compiz and Co
                    Nothing at all.. Whatever works for you I'm not much into the wobbly windows myself.

Don't know how long you've been playing with 'buntu, but after a while most people stray from the default. I have, mainly with themes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by lordrayden
                      ...What's wrong with defaults? ...
                      Yeah, like has been said, nothing at all... but that default panel drives me CRAZY I always have [had] to immediately change that on a new install... thank goodness those days are over (now that we have Oxygen/KDE4).

(Oh yeah, and sorry for going off-topic, but the issue has been confirmed and looks like a wait-and-see is in order, but my apologies anyways).

Comment

It's interesting how different sites react. Natwest Bank for example, had a problem with the Firefox beta that shipped with 8.04 but again it was a browser ident issue. Both Konqueror and FF worked fine once they were set to spoof IE (or even FF2). They fixed it within days and I've had no trouble since. Whereas Abbey think Firefox doesn't exist at all, recommending Netscape 4!

Hotmail I think is a bit different. Even logging in as IE in Vista will only allow you to use "classic mode" so I suspect there is some activeX going on there as well. Curiously there the recommended version of Firefox is 2. 3 doesn't seem to exist. 'nuff said!

Comment

Working...
                        X