This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no audio

i can not get audio on my pc! when i put an audio cd in to play it looks like everything is functioning properly but there is no sound. i have creative labs sound blaster live and i have used the help section but i can not resolve this issue.

Re: no audio

is there a speaker icon in the system tray?

Comment

Which audio player are you using?
      Did you check the audio levels in KMix?
      &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

Originally posted by Rawashdeh_omar
        is there a speaker icon in the system tray?
        thank you for your interest in my problem. i have not been able to reply sooner because i added the black footsteps icon (for orphaned files) to my lower panel and when i did it turned into a yellow face with a turned down mouth expression. then i got pop up message after pop up message advising me to close this program or that program because it was slowing down my pc. because i have not used a pc very much or linux i made the mistake of clicking on this pop up and it caused my bottom panel to vanish. i am presently not using my desktop because of this problem. i did manage, after a lot of effort, to run the virus scanner but it did stop this pop up problem.

I do not believe the speaker icon is in the system tray, but it was when I was running Ubuntu. The icon showed a red "x" over it, and I was not able to get the speakers to work then either.

Comment

Originally posted by CVPunk
          Which audio player are you using?
          Did you check the audio levels in KMix?
          I am using Alsa. I have not checked the audio levels in KMix, but I have had this problem using a variety of audio players including those that I used when I had Ubuntu.

Comment

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=205449
            &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

Working...
            X