This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kmail links will not open Konqueror

I thought the fact that Thunderbird links would not open in Firefox or Konqueror was the same reason causing KMail links not to open in Firefox or Konqueror. But now that I found a topic that told how to fix Thunderbird (and YEAH! it worked), I need to do something similar for KMail. But I don't know how.

I made Konqueror my default browser in kcontrol. I added the strings in configuration preference in Thunderbird. Where do I make the changes in KMail so that when I click on a url link in a message, it will open Konqueror and give me the page, instead of attempting to open Konqueror and then eventually locking up my system?

I can right click on the link in the message and copy the link and then open Konqueror (or Firefox) and paste, but sometimes I forget and click on the link and result in the locked up system.

Where do I go?

Thanks in advance...
    Thyme
    Thyme<br />Dell Inspiron 1520<br />Kubuntu (Jaunty Jackalope)

Re: Kmail links will not open Konqueror

Now I am really confused

After I posted I decided to go into KMail - which is what I want to use predominantly - and clicked on a url link that was within a received message. Instead of bouncing the little Konqueror icon and then gradually crashing the system - spraying little Konqueror icons across the screen - a bouncing Firefox icon displayed and THEN Firefox opened up to the web page!

This is wonderful! (I think) Except that I had set Konqueror as my default web browser, so that is confusing. I have no idea why changing Thunderbird so that it would bring up Konqueror would make KMail now work BUT bring up Firefox and NOT my default web brower.

Comment

Re: Kmail links will not open Konqueror

I think there is a bug between KMail and Konqueror.

I discovered that I had Firefox for my default - which is why KMail brought up Firefox. Apparently Thunderbird does not care what you have stated is the default, if you have specified Konqueror in the Prefs configuration.

Thing is, if I change my web browser in system settings to Konqueror, then click on a link in a KMail message, KMail hoses up trying to open Konqueror and eventually I get lots of Konqueror icon balls all over the screen if I had moved the cursor, then the cursor disappears and the two LED lights on the keyboard start flashing. If I change back to Firefox as the default web browser, KMail is happy to let messages open Firefox.

So now I have Thunderbird messages opening Konqueror and KMail Opening Firefox. It is usable this way, but I think there must be a problem between KMail and Konqueror.

Comment

Working...
      X