X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't find ndisgtk

Hi
    I am a newbie with a little experience in using Ubuntu in the past and have managed to get a wireless connection up and running fairly quickly, but not this time, having installed Kubuntu (8.04.1 Hardy Heron) last night I have stumbled immediately.
    At the moment my wireless card though recognised in devices is not seen by the network manager, I've seen elsewhere that I need ndisgtk to start with and then NDISwrapper in order to use the windows drivers.
    But when I look in adept ndsgtk is not there and because I have no internet it can't download it either, I have aslo tried looking whilst using the cd as a live disk but still no joy.
    I have attempted to download ndisgtk and install from a usb stick but that just came up with an error with "dependencies"
    So do I have an alternative way of finding what I need?
    Many thanks

Re: Can't find ndisgtk

I have attempted to download ndisgtk and install from a usb stick
    Where from? Is it impossible for you to connect your computer by wire at first?

Ndisgtk is only a gui for ndiswrapper. Why can you not manage without it?

I am a newbie with a little experience in using Ubuntu in the past and have managed to get a wireless connection up and running fairly quickly
    Ubuntu and Kubuntu are very similar. Have you been able to get a wireless connection on this computer using this wireless card? I would wonder why you cannot do that now. Does your computer have a make an model - and similarly your wireless card?

"A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
    X