This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display issues in kubuntu 8.04 x64

So I can not get any better resolution than 800x600! It is horrible. I have Nvidia set up on my lappy should get better than that right?

Thanks again

regulataoath

Re: Display issues in kubuntu 8.04 x64

May be a wild guess but are you trying to set the resolution by right-clicking on the desktop, like in windows? Instead hit the kmenu button and select system settings/monitor and display and set it there.

Ian

Comment

I am not a 64bit expert (luxury for me at the moment ) nor nivdea cards but could you post some more info on your machine?

Like machine make / version, card version, ram, cpu, etc.

x64 and lappy is a bit vague

There a a lot of people that do know their way around those systems and could be of more help with more information
      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

also, I believe there are like 3 different Nvidia drivers for Kubuntu, if I remember right.
        So more info would help...maybe post what Fintan requested and which Nvidia driver you are using?
        &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

I got it working no worries. Thanks though! I ended up reinstalling Kubuntu and starting over. I got the Nvidia drivers working super smooth with no hang ups the second time around. Lets see what happens when I try and install Compiz though.

P.s. I have a HP 9810us notebook.

The only thing left keeping me from a fully functioning install is that dang wireless adapter "See other post".

Thanks again guys you rock.

Comment

Working...
          X