X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

supported printers/scanners?

Hello all,

I am looking for a low end combination printer/scanner like ah HP F4280 or an Epson CX740.

Is there a list of the above that is an easy install and use under Kubuntu 8.04?

If you have personal experience all the better.

thanks,
    charles.......

Re: supported printers/scanners?

Here's the authoritative list of Linux supported printing devices. Don't buy one unless you see that it has a driver that works.

http://openprinting.org/printer_list.cgi

Comment

Re: supported printers/scanners?

Thanks for the link. I saw an HP Officejet J5700 in the list. I went to hp's website and they had a J5780 for sale that had a linux driver listed that said it could print and scan. I went to the web and the cheapest I found was $102 total price, hp was selling it for $108 including tax delivered to the door. I called my local Staples and they had ONE left in stock and they wanted $89.95 for it plus tax. I jumped on it. I was hoping for $40 - $60 price range but at least this one I know works from info on the net and most of the reviews are glowing. We'll see. I ended up saving 4 bucks over the cheapest Internet price and I have it in my hand and if anything goes wrong they said just bring it back. I had to drive other places so gas wasn't a factor. Now for the install.

thanks,
      charles......

Comment

Working...
      X