This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

having some problems

Hi... I have some problems with trying to get kubuntu installed on my desktop. I have windows on it and want to do a dual boot setup on it. I have the kubuntu live cd... it is the newest version 6.06, but whenever i choose to install it to the hard drive it dosent do anything. Also i cant get my hard drive mounted, and it gives me some error saying something like cannot find /mnt/hda1 in /etc/fstab or something like that. So if anyone could help me please respond.
    Thanks
    -Cyph3r

Re: having some problems

Originally posted by Cyph3r
    Hi... I have some problems with trying to get kubuntu installed on my desktop. I have windows on it and want to do a dual boot setup on it. I have the kubuntu live cd... it is the newest version 6.06, but whenever i choose to install it to the hard drive it dosent do anything.
    First of all, if you're new, I'd recommend using Breezy instead of Dapper. Dapper hasn't been officially released yet.

When you say it "doesn't do anything," do you mean you never get to this screen?
    Also i cant get my hard drive mounted, and it gives me some error saying something like cannot find /mnt/hda1 in /etc/fstab or something like that. So if anyone could help me please respond.
    http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/mountwindows
    Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

okay i will try and get breezy, and also i dont even get that screen that you showed me.
      thanks
      -Cyph3r

Comment

I havent been able to get breesy, but is there another way i can install drake?

Comment

Hi,

If you installed breezy (so you're not running a live cd), yes it's easy when you're ready to jump to dapper (maybe you can wait til next month for stable), just edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list :
          Code:
          kdesu kate /etc/apt/sources.list
          and modify inside all instances of breezy by dapper
          then
          Code:
          sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
          should get you in dapper...

Hope it will help

Comment

Working...
          X